• Sonko posted the bail on Wednesday evening.
Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko is finally a free man, for now, after he posted Sh15 million bail.
Sonko posted the bail on Wednesday evening.
Earlier in the day, Anti-Corruption Chief Magistrate Douglas Ogoti in his ruling barred Sonko from accessing his office saying the county boss can be escorted to pick his belongings from City Hall.
Ogoti said he had considered all the charges, losses made, nature of offences and amount involved in each of the accused persons.
The magistrate told Sonko to ensure his supporters don't cause unrest and warned him not to incite them to do the same.
All the accused were also barred from approaching or communicating with witnesses in this case.
In his ruling, Ogoti prohibited the accused from commenting on the case on social media.
The court ordered Sonko to process the cash bail and be released immediately or a physician in consultation with those in prison to have him admitted to a hospital outside Kamiti prison if need be as he processes bail.
The case will be mentioned on January 15.
The governor has been charged with money laundering and unlawful acquisition of public property at City Hall amounting to Sh357 million.
He is also accused of irregularly awarding tenders to his close aides, forging documents and misappropriating county funds.
The county boss denied all the charges on Monday.