• Make sure your new phone number can receive SMS or phone calls and has an active cellular connection.
• Make sure your old phone number is currently registered on WhatsApp on your phone.
If you are the type of person who changes numbers often or wants to move their current WhatsApp account to a different number and you are concerned about potentially losing your chats and contacts, here is what you need to do.
First, you need to make sure your new phone number can receive SMS or phone calls and has an active cellular connection.
Second, make sure your old phone number is currently registered on WhatsApp on your phone.
You can find your registered phone number by opening WhatsApp Settings and tapping your profile photo.
Steps to changing your phone number.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on Account > Change Number
- Tap Next
Here you can choose to inform your contacts that you have changed numbers.
This option lets your contacts update their phone book accordingly.
- Tap Done
- Enter your new phone number and tap Next
- You’ll receive a OTP via SMS to confirm that it is you
- Enter the 6-digit code
After that, you are done.