- Peel and wash the arrowroot then chop it into bite-sized pieces and then steam them for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Add enough water to the spices along with honey and ukwaju paste then simmer for 10 minutes.
Arrow roots are common and can be prepared for different dishes.
Apart from boiling arrow roots, one can also come up with arrowroot pancakes, arrowroot chips, fried arrowroot, and also arrowroot curry.
Today we shall learn how to prepare arrowroot curry. To make your arrowroot curry you need these ingredients
- Five Cardamom pods
- Two whole cloves
- One teaspoon of cumin seeds
- One bay leaf
- One teaspoon of fennel seeds
- One teaspoon of black mustard seeds
- Two sticks of cinnamon
- One teaspoon of coriander leaves
- One teaspoon of turmeric powder
- One teaspoon of red chili powder
- Two large arrowroots
- Two medium tomatoes
- One large onion
- Two teaspoons of ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- One green paprika
- Black pepper and salt
- Tamarind paste(ukwaju)
Peel and wash the arrowroot then chop it into bite-sized pieces and then steam them for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
Melt coconut oil in a sufuria then add the sliced onions and cook until golden brown.
Add ginger and cook for a minute. Grind the whole spices then add them along with coriander, chili, and turmeric powders to the contents in the sufuria and cook for about a minute.
Add chopped tomatoes and mix them with the rest of the ingredients. Then add half a tablespoon of salt and stir to mix.
Lower the heat, cover, and leave to simmer for five minutes for the tomatoes to soften.
Add enough water to the spices along with honey and ukwaju(tamarind) paste then simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the cooked arrowroot and allow them to simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the chopped parka and simmer for one minute to soften.
Finally, add coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
When serving it on a plate enjoy your arrowroot curry.