- Mix in the milk until the dough is soft, and moist and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- When ready remove them and let them cool. Then serve them with any beverage of your choice.
Preparing homemade biscuits from basic ingredients is easily achievable at the convenience of your kitchen
It requires simple natural ingredients.
To make homemade biscuits you need the following ingredients.
- Two cups of all-purpose flour
- One tablespoon of baking powder
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Half a cup of shortening
- Three-quarters cup of cold milk
In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Cut in shortening with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Pour milk into the flour mixture while stirring with a fork.
Mix in the milk until the dough is soft, and moist and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and kneed it briefly five to seven times.
Roll the dough out into half an inch-thick sheet and cut out biscuits with a floured cookie cutter.
Press together the unused dough and repeat the rolling and cutting procedure.
Place biscuits on unreleased baking sheets and bake in the preheated oven until golden brown for about ten minutes.
When ready remove them and let them cool. Then serve them with any beverage of your choice.