•Banana bread is very easy to make with only a few ingredients in your pantry.
•The good thing is you can use your hands to mix; you do not necessarily need a mixer.
Nothing tastes better than freshly baked banana bread for breakfast.
Banana bread is very easy to make with only a few ingredients in your pantry.
The bread will be ready within a couple of minutes. The good thing is you can use your hands to mix; you do not necessarily need a mixer.
- ½ cup honey (It is healthier than sugar) or brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup milk of choice or water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (NOT baking powder)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- ½ cup mix-ins of chopped nuts, chocolate chips, raisins, or fresh banana slices.
Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey with a whisk, add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk.
Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Stir in the flour, just until combined. If it forms lumps it is still okay.
If you want to add the mix in’s, you can add them at this point.
Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for at least 10 minutes. You may need to run a butter knife around the edges to loosen the bread from the pan.
Carefully transfer the loaf to a wire rack to cool before slicing.
Enjoy with a cup of hot chocolate, coffee, or milk.