• French toasts are very easy to make.
• You will only need 15 minutes plus prep time which varies across people.
French toast is my easy go to lazy weekend option.
But I do not like the runny egg mixture that comes with it. I like my toasts dry, with eggs, but not necessarily taste.
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 bread slices cut into large cubes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2–3 tablespoons milk of choice
- avocado oil or parchment paper
- For topping: sugar, bananas, maple syrup, strawberries
Step 1: In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, maple syrup and salt until well combined.
Step 2: Dip in your bread and sprinkle some cinnamon.
Step 3: Next, add all the bread cubes to the egg mixture bowl until the egg mixture has been soaked up and no dry spots remain on the bread cubes.
Step 4: To air fry, use a paper towel to generously wipe avocado oil on the bottom of the air fryer basket, or line with air fryer safe parchment paper.
Step 5: Place the soaked bread cubes into the air fryer in a single layer, not touching as much as possible.
Step 6: Close the air fryer and fry at 180 degrees for 7-10 minutes, checking and shaking the basket after 5 minutes. Separate any cubes stuck together and continue cooking until the the french toast bites are crispy and golden brown.
Step 7: Remove and serve with desired toppings. Enjoy with friends and loved ones over your preferred beverage.