• Making crisps is very easy, with a few ingredients from your pantry.
• Place a few chips, ensuring they do not stick together or stack on top of each other.
Now that things are overly expensive at the supermarket, its high time we embraced homemade delicacies in our kitchens.
Potato crips for one are very easy to prepare, with just a few ingredients from our pantry.
Ensure you store your crisps in an air-tight container to prevent moisture exposure after cooking.
- Five big potatoes, thinly sliced
- Vegetable oil
- One tablespoon salt
- One teaspoon black pepper
- One teaspoon smoked paprika
Wash your sliced potatoes and let it sit for at least 15 minutes, ideally an hour, to remove as much starch from the potatoes as possible.
Strain the water from the potato slices and pat them dry them with paper towel.
Fill a pan with the vegetable oil and heat.
Place a few chips, ensuring they do not stick together or stack on top of each other.
Flip them a couple of times to ensure both sides get an even, golden brown color.
Remove from heat, and place them on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
Place the chips in a bowl, add the desired seasonings and toss.
Repeat this process for all the potato slices, serve and enjoy.