•Cooking a proper beef stew for your family and friends is such a good way to bond over good food.
•The stew really goes well with chapati or rice.
Sundays are for relaxing, and spending quality time with people you love.
Cooking a proper beef stew for your family and friends is such a good way to bond over good food.
The stew really goes well with chapati or rice.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 kg beef chuck roast
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ kg potatoes
- 4 medium carrots , peeled and cut
- 1 large Onion , diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup frozen peas , thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dhania , for garnish
Warm your cooking oil in a large pan over medium heat then season beef with salt and pepper, to taste.
Add beef to the pan and cook until evenly browned about 2-3 minutes.
Add your potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic and combine
In a bowl, whisk together the beef broth, water, tomato paste, thyme, oregano, and paprika, mix until well combined; pour over the beef and cook for 10 minutes.
Add in the bay leaves and season with salt and pepper.
Cover and cook on low heat before adding your peas.
Serve immediately in bowls, garnished with parsley, if desired.