• Lightened up a bit with dates, the cake has natural sweetness and flavor, plus Greek yogurt for creaminess.
• The cake is perfect for sweet tooth's and is best enjoyed with friends and family.
Lightened up a bit with dates, the cake has natural sweetness and flavor, plus Greek yogurt for creaminess.
The cake is perfect for sweet tooth's and is best enjoyed with friends and family.
- 200g of dried dates
- 275ml hot water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 175g soft light brown sugar
- 150g butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 175g ounces self-raising flour
- Greek yogurt
Step 1: Pour boiling water over three-quarters of the dates and let them soak for 30 minutes.
Step 2: Preheat your oven to 175C.
Step 3: Using a blender, blend together the butter, sugar and the soaked dates. Add the water that you used to soak and blend for four minutes.
Step 4: Add in eggs and finally stir in the self-rising flour and bicarbonate of soda.
Step 5: Finally stir in the remaining unsoaked dates, and combine.
Step 6: Pour the mixture into a 30cm square lined cake tin and bake for 40 minutes until firm to the touch
Step 7: Allow to cool, top the cake off with Greek yogurt before cutting into squares and serve with your favourite beverage.