• Chicken Fajitas date back to Mexico in the early 1930s.
• The marinated strip is usually either beef or chicken that is served with a flour tortilla and various savoury fillings.
Chicken Fajitas date back to Mexico in the early 1930s.
The skirt steak was the traditional cut meat that was used by the Mexican ranchers in South and West Texas as it was an inexpensive piece of meat that was high in flavour, but not tender at all.
The marinated strip is usually either beef or chicken that is served with a flour tortilla and various savoury fillings.
The cooking time is only 45 minutes.
- Boneless chicken breast ( 2-4 pieces)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow/orange pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow onion (for the flavour)
- A packet of fajita/ tacos
- Vegetable oil
- Salt, black pepper, paprika, chilli, garlic powder, ground cumin (desired season)
- Sliced Avocado
Slice the peppers and onions and sauté them in a pan over medium heat until caramelised.
In a bowl, mix the chilli, cumin, garlic, paprika, salt and the desired spices
Sprinkle generously the mixed seasoning on both sides of the chicken and use your fingers to rub it in.
In a sufuria, over medium heat. Drizzle a little oil on the chicken and sear the breasts for about 7 minutes on each side.
Remove them from the pan and let them rest before slicing them into strips.
Add the chicken strips in the pan with the caramelised peppers and onion and squeeze fresh lime juice.
Serve immediately with tortillas adding extra toppings like avocado, mayo, guac, sour cream or other desired toppings
Enjoy the delicious meal with a cold freshly pressed mango or passion juice.
Edited by D Tarus