• Lemon garlic butter shrimp is the easiest and flavorful dish that can be prepared in under 30 minutes!
• Sauté shrimp instead of boil to give them best texture.
Lemon garlic butter shrimp is the easiest and flavorful dish that can be prepared in under 30 minutes!
The dish is seafood, a primary protein source that dates to the 7th century in the Chinese.
Today, seafood is still a significant part of Chinese cuisine, and shrimp is among the popular protein choices of many staple dishes.
Packed with Proteins, vitamins and minerals including vitamin D, Vitamin B3, Zinc, Iron and Calcium, shrimps leads to numerous health benefits if taken in moderation once a week.
Frozen shrimp will always taste better, cook better and feel better
For best results, sauté shrimp instead of the boil to give the best texture, juicy and tenderness without any stringy chewiness.
Overcooked shrimp are white and rubbery
Prep time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 people
- 4 cloves of Garlic, (grated/diced)
- 800grams of shrimp(or prawns), peeled and deveined, tails intact
- Table salt and black pepper to taste
- Juice of ½ lemon( 2 tbsp.)
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/3 CUP OF BUTTER
- Chopped dhania/Parsley, to garnish
In a pan/ sufuria, melt 2 tbsp. of butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant ( for 1 minute)
Add the shrimp/ Prawn and fry, two minutes on each side. Stir occasionally until it just begins to turn pink.
Add in the remaining butter, lemon juice and water, adding the salt to taste.
Stir until the butter has melted and the shrimp/ prawns have cooked through( avoid overcooking)
Take off heat, taste and add garnish
Serve over fries, rice, pasta or ugali.
Add more lemon juice, salt or pepper if needed to suit your taste.