Subscribe for more videos: https://bit.ly/2mPyDy3
Welcome back to "Cooking With" where each week we bring you a special recipe from our resident Chef or celebrity friends who love to cook.
For this episode, we invited radio host and influencer Anne Mwaura, to show us how to make simple loaded baked potatoes, which will go perfectly as a snack for you and your friends during the football season.
The recipe is simple and easy to follow, so give it a go and let us know what you think.
10 Large potatoes
2 Large Onions
2 Green peppers
1tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp curry powder
Salt to taste
1. The first step is to boil your potatoes. Cut off the tips of the potato, before submerging it in hot water until it start to soften. The aim isn't to cook it all the way through, just make it softer before you throw them in the oven.
2. Once they are boiled, oil a baking tray with cooking oil so that it is fully greased, before transfering the potatoes and baking at 200 degrees for about 30 minutes.
3. In the mean time, prepare your side, by frying together the vegetables with your spices and puting them to the side. Also chop up your bacon and cook until crispy.
4. Once your potatoes have cooked so that you have a crispy skin and soft inside, take them out ot the oven, cut them in half and scoop out the potato on the inside. To your potato skin, you can now add some of your cooked vegetables, bacon and cheese.
5. Return the potatoes into the oven to allow the cheese to melt and the potato skin to get even crispier. This should take no longer that 15 minutes.
6. Mix together the remaining of your vegetables, mashed potatoes, and bacon fat together. You will be using this as an almost dip for your potator.
7. Once your potatoes are out of the oven, the final stage is to load on your mashed potato mix, top with a dallop of sour cream and enjoy. It is the perfect snack, for a day with family and friends.