• In a statement release, Monday evening, Governor Josphat Nanok noted that the move is to undermine the peaceful process of elections.
• "This is a tool for politicians to mobilize support by whipping the emotions of the county residents," he wrote.
The incumbent Turkana governor has termed the recent attacks in the county as political and targeted to undermine elections.
In a statement released on Monday evening, Governor Josphat Nanok noted that the move is to undermine the peaceful process of elections.
"This is a tool for politicians to mobilise support by whipping the emotions of the county residents," he wrote.
Nanok blamed the Inspector General Police George Natembeya and CS Interior Fred Matiang'i poor response to the Sunday attack.
"Security agencies based in Napeitom were not present and only arrived at the scene more than ten hours later after the damage had been done despite being strategically stationed in Kapedo, Lomelo and Lokari," Nanok said.
He said the bandits employed mercenary tactics in razing the houses where eight people were burnt to ashes and a minor was abducted in Napeitom by suspected Pokot.
The incident happened in Napeitom, Turkana East, on Sunday night.
The suspects are said to be from Tiaty, Baringo County.
Area Chief Kaptan Ekiru said a minor was abducted by the suspected rustlers who torched their homesteads.
Among those burnt to ashes include four children and four women.
He said the village is currently under attack by the rustles.
Interior CS Matiang'i had commissioned the operation in June to restore security following persistent attacks that left dozens dead and thousands displaced.
He blamed the violence on political incitement and expressed frustration at the lack of goodwill and cooperation from area leaders.
"To end this vicious cycle of violence, those responsible for the attack must be brought to book and face the consequences of their crimes." Nanok added.