• 32 people who were in mandatory quarantine at a facility in Elwak in Mandera county escaped under unclear circumstances.
Interior CS Fred Matiang'i has declared cessation of movement into and out of Mandera county from 7pm on Wednesday.
This is due to the rising cases of coronavirus in Mandera, which stands at eight.
Mandera joins Kilifi, Nairobi Metropolitan, Mombasa and Kwale which also have cessation of movement orders in place.
The cessation of movement is for an initial period of 21 days and will then be reviewed.
The CS said that there shall be no movement by air and road in and out of the county.
He added that President Uhuru Kenyatta directed the National Command Centre on the Coronavirus Pandemic to immediately review the enforcement of public health measures rolled out.
The National Command Centre on the Coronavirus Pandemic will stem the growing rate of infection in the counties of Mombasa, Kwale and Kilifi.
More measures might also be introduced in red spot areas. The results of this review will be announced in the next 48 hours.
Recently, 32 people who were in mandatory quarantine at a facility in Elwak in Mandera county escaped under unclear circumstances.
The 32 were out of 66 passengers placed in quarantine after travelling from Nairobi last Wednesday.
The bus was intercepted by officers on its arrival at around 8pm after breaking the directive by President Uhuru Kenyatta that there should be no movement out of or into Nairobi.
Briefing the nation on the virus updates on Wednesday, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe said that slight misbehaviour might speed the spread.
" A slight lapse in behavior will roll back gains made so far like for example escape from quarantine facilities," Kagwe said.
He urged Kenyans to adhere to the measures issue by the government.