• She said a total of 99,706 travelers have been screened across all points of entry since January 20 to February 10.
• Kariuki said a new ward with capacity of 120 at Mbagathi District hospital will also be used to increase isolation capacity.
Kenya has no case of coronavirus, outgoing Health CS Sicily Kariuki has said.
In a statement on Thursday,CS Kariuki said they received alerts today morning of a suspected case.
But noted that they were false alarms.
She said there has been no suspected cases of infection in Kenya since the incident where a student from Wuhan China was isolated at Kenyatta National hospital on February 7.
"So far, the Ministry through its surveillance systems has been able to pick seven suspected cases who have all tested negative for the disease," she said.
She said a total of 99,706 travelers have been screened across all points of entry including Mombasa port since January 20 to February 10.
The isolation facility at Kenyatta National hospital continues to be used to isolate suspected cases while they undergo investigation.
In addition, Kariuki said, a new ward with capacity of 120 at Mbagathi District hospital will also be used to increase isolation capacity.
Four hundred health workers have been trained and deployed in all entries of the country including Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
As from Wednesday morning, the new cases and deaths in Wuhan have pushed the national death toll above 1,350 - with almost 60,000 infections in total since the outbreak.
Three hundred and ninety five infection cases including one death has been reported outside China in 24 countries.