Former minister Nicholas Biwott is unhappy with reports on social media that he is dead.
He has urged the police to investigate those spreading the malicious reports. “I am fine and in good health. I am alive,” Biwott said.
Biwott said he “will live long”, despite the wishes of those who have been attempting to kill him through social media. He told those spreading the rumours to stop. This is the second time claims of Biwott’s death have been peddled on social media in two years.
The former minister addressed the media at Eldoret Club and later at Kipsaos Boys
Secondary School where he attended a wedding. Biwott, a former Keiyo South MP, was with his aide William Chepkut.
He uged the public to ignore the rumours, saying they are started by evil people abusing their freedom of speech on social media. The reports spread fast since last Friday, until Biwott came out to say he is alive and well.
Last week, Biwott, popularly known as Total Man, said he will remain active in politics and campaign for the reelection of President Uhuru Kenyatta next year.
He is the leader of the National Vision Party.