DECENT SEND-OFF

Nyong'o to settle funeral expenses for six bouncers killed in Busia

Says county government ready to offer help and lessen the family’s financial burden

In Summary

• Governor Nyong’o said they will support the affected families and ensure the dead are given a decent send-off.

• He condemned the killing of the youths and called on the police to expedite the probe.

Kisumu Governor Anyang Nyong'o with a patient at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital on Tuesday
Kisumu Governor Anyang Nyong'o with a patient at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital on Tuesday
Image: /MAURICE ALAL

The Kisumu county government will pay hospital bills and burial expenses for the six bouncers killed last week at a funeral in Bumala in Busia county.

Governor Anyang’ Nyong’o said they will support the affected families and ensure the dead are given a decent send-off.

We are saddened by this heinous act. As a county government, we are ready to offer help and lessen the family’s financial burden,” Nyong'o said.

 
 

He spoke yesterday at Ahero Subcounty Hospital mortuary after viewing the bodies of the bouncers.  

The governor also visited the victims' home where he interacted with the family and addressed mourners.

Nyong’o condemned the killings of the youths and called on the police to expedite the probe.

He said that the bereaved families want justice and police should ensure the perpetrators are arrested and charged.

We are working closely police to make sure the culprits face the full wrath of the law. Our commitment to supporting the police for the safety of Kisumu residents remain firm,” he added.

The murdered six were Philip Kwach, William Omondi, Evans Onyango, Richard Odero, David Okeyo, and Elvis Odoyo.

They will be buried on Saturday at their respective homes after a joint funeral service on Friday in Nyando subcounty.

(edited by O. Owino)