A parent in Homa Bay has threatened to sue an NGO for circumcising his 11-year-old boy without his consent.
Oloo Gor,32, claimed his son was forcibly offered voluntary male circumcision without his approval.
Gor claimed an official at Impact Research Development organization lured his son in a playing field.
“I want them return the fore skin or give it to me for burial or else we are meeting in court,” Gor said.
Speaking to journalists in Homa Bay town on Tuesday, Gor said his son told them the officials enticed him with a free ride in a motor vehicle before taking him for the cut.
“They issued him with documents to bring us (parents) with instructions that we can visit them should the child develop any complication,” he added.
Gor said it forced him to spend more than Sh6,500 on medication.
“My son left the house with all parts of his body. What I want is the initial health of my son before he left the house and that is all,” the parent said.
Gor said the organisation's failure to consult him makes him fear that his child is likely to get kidnapped.
“These people might have had ill intentions to traffic my son. They ought to have consulted my wife or me if they really meant well for him,” he added.
Gor has recorded a statement at Homa Bay Police Station.
On Tuesday last week, Gor wrote a letter demanding the organization to explain why its officials circumcised his son without getting his(Gor's) consent.
He also said he wants a description of the drugs his son was injected with after the exercise and the name of the medical officer who conducted it.
“Take notice that shall you fail to respond within 7 days, we will institute legal proceedings against you,” part of Gor's letter reads.