- All East African Retail Investors who apply for shares will get 5 bonus shares for every 100 shares they are allocated.
- The MTN IPO will close on November 22 at 4 pm EAT and shares will start trading on December 6.
Telecom giant MTN Uganda launched the country's biggest Initial Public Offering (IPO) on Monday, October 11.
The price for the sale of a 20% stake was set at UGH200 Sh(6.28) per share.
The IPO is open to the general public including non-Ugandans in jurisdictions that are not subject to selling restrictions. It will close on November 22 at 4 pm EAT and shares will start trading on December 6.
All East African Retail Investors who apply for shares will get 5 bonus shares for every 100 shares they are allocated.
Here’s how to Apply
- Visit https://www.mtn.co.ug/investors
- Click on Apply then follow the instructions.
- Ensure that you register as an East African individual. The offer terms and conditions plus other information are set out in the Prospectus.
What you need to apply
- You need a copy of your passport to complete the registration process and open your Securities Central Depository (SCD) account.
- Kenyan nationals may use a copy of their national ID in the registration process.
- Applicants can also directly engage SBG Securities or Dyer & Blair the licensed stockbrokers for assistance.
Frequently asked questions
How do you benefit from buying MTN shares?
Buying Shares in MTN will make you a shareholder in the company which entitles you to voting rights on specific company matters including the election of a company board of directors.
You can also benefit from capital gains once you resell your shares at a profit, and earn dividends, which are a portion of the company’s profit given to shareholders in line with the company’s dividend policy.
Can I buy shares if I am not an MTN customer?
Yes, you can. Non-MTN customers can use the Uganda Securities Exchange Easy Portal web page or a licensed broker to create an SCD account and apply for shares. This can be done on a self-service or assisted basis.
Kindly engage any of the five Authorised Selling Agents listed in the Prospectus or visit the nearest MTN service center or Stanbic Bank branch for assistance
The MTN offer of shares to the public is approved by the Capital Markets Authority of Uganda. This advertisement is issued on MTN’s behalf by SBG Securities Kenya, in partnership with SBG Securities Uganda, the Lead Sponsoring Broker for the MTN IPO. Please note share prices can go up or down.