• Bailey's as a drink is synonymous with luxury and decadence
• We have come up with a rich chocolate trifle flavored using Bailey's Delight
Baileys as a drink is synonymous with luxury and decadence. But did you know that you could make a meal equally as delicious?
We have come up with a rich chocolate trifle flavored using Bailey's Delight, currently Kenya's favorite cream liqueur, to give you one of the best adult desserts you will ever have!
Try it out and let us know what you think.
We have come up with a rich chocolate trifle flavored with our Bailey's Delight cream liqueur to give you one of the best adult desserts you will ever have! #DelightfulMoments #BaileysDelight #PaidPartnershipWithDiageo Subscribe for more videos: https://bit.ly/2mPyDy3 Visit The Star WEBSITE: https://www.the-star.co.ke/
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp (114g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup hot water
Bailey's Delight Chocolate Custard
- 1 1/4 cup (300ml) Bailey's Delight
- 2 cups (54oml) milk
- 3 tablespoon Custard powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Bailey's Delight Whipped Cream
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Bailey's Delight
- 1 cup (115g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) and prepare a 9×9 inch cake pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt to a large mixer bowl and combine. Set aside.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and eggs to a medium-sized bowl and combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Slowly add the hot water to the batter and mix at low speed until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool completely.
- When the cake has cooled, prepare the pudding. Add the Bailey's Delight and milk to the custard powder and stir together as directed on the packaging. Add the chocolate chips and stir till melted.
- To make the whipped cream, add all ingredients to a large mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment and whip until stiff peaks form.
- To layer the trifle, cut the cake into pieces. add about half of the cake to the bottom of the trifle dish.
- Add about half of the custard and spread it into an even layer.
- Add about half of the whipped cream and spread it into an even layer.
- Repeat another layer of cake, custard and whipped cream.
- Top of the trifle with some additional chocolate chips and cocoa powder