•Anyone who has travelled to any of the affected countries has to be screened upon arrival and should self quarantine for 14 days.
The Covid-19 pandemic has made the world stand still after hitting different countries in a span of months.
The first case was reported in Wuhan, China, in December 2019.
It has now spread to 43 countries in Africa and there are now 1,682 confirmed cases, including 48 deaths.
Kenya confirmed its first confirmed case on March 13, and has today confirmed one more case, bringing the number to 16.
Anyone who has travelled to any of the affected countries has to be screened upon arrival and should self quarantine for 14 days.
Those who have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 must also self-quarantine or be forced to do so by the government.
In case you feel sick and have flu like symptoms, it is advisable to stay at home and self quarantine for 14 days as you monitor your situation.
So what exactly is self quarantine and what is required?
Self quarantine is simply staying in a secluded room with good ventilation to allow fresh air in the room, to avoid catching or spreading a disease or virus.
What are you required to do??
1.Make sure your room is getting enough fresh air. This also helps in regulation of your body temperature
2. Use disinfectant to clean the toilet. Detergents help kill germs so make sure you clean your toilets and bathrooms with one cup of disinfectant mixed in six cups of water.
3. Clean your linens with disinfectants. This helps to kill germs and protect you from getting sick.
4. Do not share toiletries. Toothbrushes are not be shared with anyone because that’s one of the ways the virus enters your body. Do not share your soaps, shaving creams or body products.
5. If you are under medication and have to get your doses, it’s best to get them in advance.
6. Do not share utensils.
7. Wash your hands regularly with soap and water and also invest in a sanitizer.