Close

Security beefed up after man killed in Narok ethnic violence

Narok county commissioner George Natembeya on Tuesday/KIPLANG’AT KIRUI
Narok county commissioner George Natembeya on Tuesday/KIPLANG’AT KIRUI

The government has stepped up security after one person was killed and seven others were injured in clashes between two communities in Melelo and Olokruto wards in Narok County at the weekend.

County commissioner George Natembeya said the state has deployed GSU officers, the Rapid Deployment Unit and other officers to the affected areas.

“We have increased the patrols and are working around the clock to avert further conflict,” Natembeya told the Star yesterday. The violence started when the body of a man from Melelo ward was found in Maasai Mau Forest where he had been grazing his livestock.