Kenya Power has launched investigations into an incident in which a man electrocuted in Tigania East on Friday.
KPLC Meru County business manager Timothy Waswa told the Star the firm has sent investigators to the site.
"I heard of it today. We sent our team to check. We expect a report to know the position," Waswa said through a text message.
Francis Mwimbi, 40, was electrocuted at Mulika market, Mikinduri Ward.
He died after leaning on an uninsulated electricity wire connected to a post linked to a transformer.
Residents blamed Kenya Power for putting residents' lives at risk.
Charles Mutwiri, an uncle to the deceased, told the Star, three other people got an electric shock at the same post, but residents rescued them.
"I'm a brother of Mwimbi's father. He is from Mulika market. We are deeply saddened," Mutwiri said.
He said residents had asked Kenya Power to replace the wire but their pleas fell on deaf ears.
"It is unfortunate that Mwhimbi leaned on the post without knowing the danger. We want Kenya Power to compensate the bereaved family. The death was caused by their carelessness," Mutwiri said.
Mulika OCS Ayub Makapilla said the dead man lived at the market.
He accused Kenya Power of failing to ensure the safety of its equipment.
On October 5, a man was electrocuted at Mikinduri Market main stage when he climbed on a transformer post to mount a poster.
John Mutwiri was confirmed dead on arrival in hospital.