The Council of Governors chairman Josphat Nanok has refuted claims that there are wrangles over the next elections.
Nanok said the elections to pick the next chairman and other leaders for the council will be held in December.
In a statement on Friday, the Turkana Governor denied that the council was in disarray as it has been insinuated.
Anxiety gripped the council after Nanok allegedly refused to step down for Kwale governor Salim Mvurya.
Mvurya was supposed to take over from Nanok in July this year, at the end of his one-year term.
"The Council of Governors remains united and a non- partisan conducting its business through consultations and in the interest of County Governments," Nanok said.
"It would be prudent for the media to be honest and remain factual in their reporting, and refrain from misrepresentation."
Mvurya is highly perceived to be the fourth governor who will head the council after former Bomet governor Isaac Rutto, former Meru Governor Peter Munya and Nanok.
Nanok took over from Munya in May last year.
President Uhuru Kenyatta and his deputy William Ruto have been keen in the leadership of the council after the rocky relationship they had with previous chairmen.
Both Ruto and Munya accused the Jubilee leadership of frustrating devolution.