The case about the Patel dam tragedy has been pushed to October 19 after the prosecution failed to provide the defence with witness statements.
Nine suspects, including dam owner Perry Kanasagara, have been charged with 48 counts of manslaughter.
Yesterday, defence lawyer Tom Ojienda told Naivasha principal magistrate Joseph Karanja that they had yet to receive statements three months later.
“We require two weeks to peruse the witness statements and another two to prepare our defence, but, unfortunately, this has not happened,” he said.
The magistrate told the prosecution to issue the statements before Wednesday next week when the case will come up for hearing.
The other eight suspects are Vinoj Kumar, Luka Kipyegen, Johnson Njuguna, Winnie Muthoni, Jacinta Were, Tomkin Odhiambo, Willice Omondi and Lynette Cheruiyot.
Last week, the High Court dismissed two applications from four of the suspects who had challenged their arrest and prosecution.
Judge Richard Mwongo said the prosecution of the suspects should not be stopped because the case was of public interest.