None of the male teachers and casuals at Moi Girls' School, Nairobi, was involved in the alleged rape of a form two student on June 3.
This was the conclusion on Tuesday evening when the Government Chemist released the DNA results of 32 men.
Examiners reported that samples taken from the men who were in the school at the time of the alleged incident did not match those from the student who reported that she was defiled.
The finding is a major blow to investigators who will not have to return to the drawing board.
Kilimani detectives had been banking on the analysis to crack the matter that caused public outcry. They will look into the possibility that the attacker was not from the school.
Moi Girls' headmistress Jael Murithi retired while the board of management was disbanded after the allegation. These were some of the administrative actions that Education Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohamed took amid protests and calls for thorough investigations.
The Government Chemist released the DNA results after about a month of analyses.
Yesterday, Nairobi DCI chief Ireri Kamwende said he had not yet received the report.
Highly placed sources familiar with the findings told the Star that the results were handed over to the Kilimani DCI.
They were to be released on July 2 but the analyst did not meet the deadline. Last week, government lab chief Ali Gakweli attributed the delay to problems in getting some of the reagents required for tests.
At least 90 people have recorded statements with police, who described the suspect as a light-skinned, squint-eyed man. They are yet to come across a man with these features.
“The attacker had covered his head with a hood,“ a source familiar with the investigations said. "The girls said they could not identify him properly."