NASA co-principals will meet President Uhuru Kenyatta when he jets back into the country from Cuba, Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka has said.
Kalonzo said he and the other two principals, ANC's Musalia Mudavadi and Moses Wetangula (Ford Kenya) had planned to meet Uhuru on Thursday but unfortunately he travelled.
"We are in support of any meeting or negotiations aimed at developing the country and bringing together all tribes. This is why we maintain we must have an opportunity to meet with my brother Uhuru when he comes back," Kalonzo said.
He was speaking in Machakos after a closed-door meeting with Kamba elders and church leaders at ABC Bomani.
"When we met our brother Raila Odinga on Monday and he explained to us what he discussed with the President, we think it is important we meet him (Uhuru). If he agrees we will meet him, If he doesn't we cant force him," Kalonzo said.
Dismissing claims that there are loopholes in the opposition coalition, Kalonzo reiterated his duty to unity.
Kalonzo was flanked by Makueni woman representative Rose Museo.
Wetangula, however, refused to comment on the matter when he was asked by journalists on Thursday.
The Senate minority leader had attended the Funeral service of the late UoN don Aloys Tumbo-Oeri at the Consolata shrine.
"Whatever has happened should be let go. We must move forward in bringing peace and healing to our country. As a people, we should learn to forgive and forget. You cannot keep driving with your eyes fixed in the rear mirror, " Wetangula said in his remarks.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.