Brooklyn-based creative and musician KAMAU is expected to jet into the country for his first ever performance in Africa to be held this weekend, March 17.
His seemingly perpetual artistic nature will be witnessed at this year's first edition of the Thrift Social installation, Kenya's biggest street style exhibition curated by sibling duo 2ManySiblings (comprising of Velma Rossa and Oliver Asike).
The "MÄNT" hitmaker, who brags of being a skillful singer, rapper and producer, is expected to headline and add to the excitement of the installation with his exquisite fusion of cultural and musical influences.
The exhibit that will be held at the Alchemist Bar in Westlands, Nairobi is going to see partygoers gather and stay true to the edition's color blocking theme.
KAMAU is expected to rip through a colorful set with his prominent vocals and rare quirkiness, exhibiting his originality and inventiveness through exceptional musical evolution. His non-conformist sense of style will also be a sight to behold.
Brother KAMAU prides himself of exceptional projects like his 2016 EP A Gorgeous Fortune and his 2017 TheKAMAU-CASSETTE: ÅRTH GÅLD and music enthusiasts alongside revelers will get a rare opportunity to see the creator perform live.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.