Opposition leader Raila Odinga has sent Siaya Senator James Orengo to the Nasa summit in Athi River.
The meeting was called by Nasa principals Kalonzo Musyoka, Musalia Mudavadi and Moses Wetang’ula to discuss Raila's Friday deal with President Uhuru Kenyatta.
The Opposition leaders are expected to deliberate on the future of the coalition following the latest developments.
However, Raila's spokesman Dennis Onyango told the Star that the ODM leader was likely to attend.
After their talks at Harambee House, Raila and Uhuru agreed to unite for peace and healing after last years' bruising political battle.
In a statement that followed the talks, Nasa leaders said they will discuss the development at a retreat.
"While we have always advocated for dialogue as co-principals of the Nasa coalition, we were not privy to the discussions at Harambee House," they said in their statement last week.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.