A man in Baringo was on Sunday lynched by an angry mob after he was found having an unnatural act with a cow.
Joseph Koech alias Mnandi, 25, was ambushed pants down at Tinet-Sawich village, Eldama-Ravine on Sunday morning.
He said he had been having sex with the cow because "most women have HIV".
"Don't kill me, let me surrender my piece of land to pay for the cow...I always have sex with the cow whenever I feel like because I fear girls might infect me with HIV," Koech said before he was lynched.
The fiery youths descended on him with blows, stones and sticks, leaving him with critical injuries.
He died at Eldama-Ravine level four hospital, where he was admitted.
Torongo location chief Edwin Ronoh said the man works as a casual labourer for a local saw miller at Sawich forest.
Ronoh said the family had been busy searching for their lost cow all morning in Sawich forest.
He said the suspect had tied the cow's horns and rear legs on a tree to restrict her movement.
"I rushed to the scene with two AP officers to rescue the victim and we rushed him to Eldama-Ravine hospital but unfortunately he died shortly later," the chief said.
The chief, on Monday, warned locals to stop taking the law into their hands.
"You should either report to the village elders, nearest chief or police station so that action is taken," he said.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.