Retired President Daniel Moi left for Israel on Sunday for a medical check-up.
Moi was accompanied by his son Gideon and physician Dr David Silverstein. The former president will be admitted to a hospital in Tel Aviv.
The doctor said they "are eager to have a second opinion on the knee which has been a source of discomfort to him [Moi]."
Baringo Senator Gideon Moi earlier said: "The old man is not feeling well. He will go for medical check-up. So, he needs your prayers as he leaves the country."
While in Israel, Gideon said the 93-year-old former Head of State will visit historical sites in Jerusalem.
The senator revealed his father's trip during a thanksgiving day at Sacho High School in Baringo Central sub-county.
Moi, who will turn 94 on September 2, ruled Kenya for 24 years between 1978 and 2002.
He took over from Kenya's founding father Mzee Jomo Kenyatta following his death on August 22, 1978.
Gideon lauded NASA leader Raila Odinga for the bold move he took to hold talks with President Uhuru Kenyatta on Friday.
"We hope the talks of the two leaders will go along way to bring about peace and prosperity to the people of Kenya," he said.
He said it is important that leaders come together to bring about peace, inclusivity, and economic prosperity to Kenyan people.
"And that will not be possible without engaging one another, we hope this will bring a new beginning to our country," the legislator said.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.