NASA co-principals Kalonzo Musyoka, Musalia Mudavadi, and Moses Wetang'ula have asserted they were not aware of the Friday meeting between the President and Opposition leader.
In a statement which followed Uhuru Kenyatta and Raila Odinga's meeting at Harambee House, they said the four principals will proceed for a retreat on Monday to discuss the development.
They said: "While we have always advocated for dialogue as co-principals of the NASA coalition, we were not privy to the discussions at Harambee House."
The NASA leaders said they only learned of the talks between the two top politicians through the media.
The coalition comprises of four parties namely Orange Democratic Movement (ODM), Wiper Democratic Movement-Kenya (WDM-K), Amani National Congress (ANC), and Ford Kenya.
Uhuru and Raila issued a joint statement after their meeting whose planning was kept confidential until the last minute.
They came out laughing and seemingly happy with the outcome of their discussions.
The two referred to each other as 'brother' and told Kenyans of their resolve to quash their differences and heal Kenya.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.