ANC leader Musalia Mudavadi’s private secretary Kibisu Kabatesi has been accused of using hirelings to fight dissenting voices within the party.
Nominated MP Godfrey Osotsi in a statement on Wednesday told Kabatesi to face him rather than using people “purporting” to be party officials. He said “faceless individuals”, calling themselves ANC officials from Uasin Gishu and elsewhere in Rift Valley, have been accusing him and Kakamega Senator Cleopas Malala of disrespecting Mudavadi.
“I’m aware they were hired by the self-styled personal secretary to Mudavadi, Kibisu Kabatesi,” the statement reads. ANC officials from 10 Rift Valley and Western branches on Monday said they want quick disciplinary action against Osotsi and Malala. Osotsi and Malala have accused Mudavadi of being a “coward” after he skipped Nasa leader Raila Odinga’s swearing-in as the People’s President on January 30.
But Kabatesi told the Star on the phone Wednesday he had nothing to do with members expressing outrage against Ososti.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.