Skip to main content
December 16, 2018

Shabana stay on course to promotion

Shabana players celebrate at a past match. /FILE
Shabana players celebrate at a past match. /FILE
The long and tedious road back to the top table of  Kenyan football is one which  former KPL side, Shabana will have to-get accustomed to as they continue with the upward trajectory in the Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Division One League.
 The Kisii-based side were the biggest winners of the second week of action in the third tier with a 4-0 win over Nyakach United at the Mosocho Academy grounds.
 That result and their pedigree marked them out as one of the leading candidates for promotion.
Newly promoted Naivas FC look to be struggling to adapt to life in the third tier following their second loss in a row, this time against Fortune Sacco at the Kerugoya Stadium.
Naivas were dominant in the Nairobi regional league last year but the step up to the third division seems to be overwhelming them. Mitunguu FC and Taita Taveta-based Tiki FC, also promoted at the start of the 2018 season, picked up a point each in identical 2-2 draws against Liberty Sports and Vegpro respectively.
Ligi Ndogo, in the meantime, managed a 3-1 win over Commercial at the Thika sub-county Stadium while at the Wundanyi Stadium, visiting Savannah Cement fell 2-0 to Mwatate United. One match, pitting Strathmore University against MOSCA, was abandoned at half-time due to bad weather. The match will consequently be played at a later date, set to be communicated in due course.
 A total of 26 goals were scored in Zone ‘B’, with the match pitting Raiply against St Joseph Youth Academy contributing eight goals out of the 26. Raiply won 5-3.
Kisumu Hot Stars edged out visiting Trans Mara Sugar 2-0, a scoreline exhibited in two more matches pitting Timsales against Griffin and Bungoma Super Stars against Bondo United.  Eldoret Youth dispatched Bomet based Silibwet 3-1 to maintain their lead at the top while the match pitting Poror Mote against Transfoc at the Poror High School grounds ended in a 2-2 stalemate.
Poll of the day