EALA MP Simon Mbugua has denied claims by some Nairobi MCA's that he is meddling in the county affairs.
On Tuesday, a cross-section of MCAs asked Governor Mike Sonko to come out clear on the role of Mbugua at City Hall.
They accused him of running the show since Polycarp Igathe resigned as Deputy Governor.
But Mbugua denied that he has been interfering with the operations at the county.
"Based on my political history and as a resident of Nairobi and citizen of this country, I am firmly at the heart of Nairobi politics," Mbugua said in a statement on Wednesday.
He added; I am a great friend to Governor Mike Sonko, I have never in any way meddled in the operations of the county.
The MCAs accused Mbugua of insulting, intimidating and threatening county employees and leaders.
But he dismissed the claims as lies and a witch-hunt meant to malign him.
"It should be known that I was a candidate for Kamukunji MP during party nominations and had won fairly, but I forwent my quest for the leadership in Nairobi due to the honour of my party leaders who had requested me to step down for ethnic balancing," Mbugua said.
He asked the MCA to focus on serving the residents and stop engaging in cheap politics.
"MCAs are mandated to be the watchdog on how the county is run and by wrongfully channelling their time and energy to a well-meaning EALA MP and citizen like myself they have lost the plot, " the former Kamukunji said.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.