Officers attached to Maralal police station in Samburu Central sub-county are lamenting over lack of latrines at the post.
The police officers, who sought anonymity, said the only lavatory at the station is already filled up and that a section of the same has collapsed.
The officers complained that they are now forced to leave the station to relieve themselves at nearby hotels.
The cops on Wednesday said they will be forced to contribute money to dig construct a toilet if the situation does not change.
"Two years ago, prisoners came here and dug a toilet but it has never been built since then," an police officer told The Star.
"It is a shame for such a big station to run without a latrine calling upon the relevant government authorities to intervene."
Area police boss Abagaro Guyo denied the allegations saying that the station has enough toilets.
"We have two pit latrines within the station. Every office including the newly renovated police canteen has a toilet," he said.
Samburu county commander Alfred Agengo said that they will look into the matter.
Erastus Sinoti, the county public health officer, said: "I will send officers to check and assess the situation."
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.