President Uhuru Kenyatta has nominated Patrick Gichohi, Olive Mugenda and Felix Koskei as members of the Judicial Service Commission.
"I have forwarded the names to the National Assembly for approval," Uhuru said via twitter on Tuesday.
Mugenda is a former Vice Chancellor of Kenyatta University, Kosgey the former Agricultural Cabinet Secretary.
JSC comprises of the Chief Justice (Chairperson), one Supreme Court judge, one Court of Appeal judge, one High Court judge and a magistrate - one a woman and one a man.
Others are the Attorney-General, two advocates, one a woman and one a man; one person nominated by the Public Service Commission; and one woman and one man to represent the public.
The latter must not be lawyers and are appointed by the President with the approval of the National Assembly as is the case of Mugenda and Kosgey.
Uhuru further nominated Kennedy Ogeto as Solicitor General, Njee Muturi as Deputy Chief of Staff.
In the changes, Abdikadir Mohammed has been nominated as Kenya's ambassador to South Korea.
Ogeto was part of Uhuru's legal team when he faced charges before the International Criminal Court.
Abdikadir has served as Uhuru’s Constitutional and Legal Advisor.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.