Two brothers died in Kisumu on Tuesday morning after their boda boda was hit by a trailer.
The accident occurred in Kachok area as a 19-year-old boy escorted his two younger siblings, aged 13 and 14, to school.
The older boy was one of those who died at the scene.
The survivor was taken to taken to Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital; Nyanza Traffic Regional Commander Andrew Naibei reported he was stable.
Naibei reported that the boda boda rider survived the accident and that the driver of the trailer fled but boda boda operators pursued him.
“The driver and his two loaders were cornered within Kondele area and beaten by the operators," he told The Star by phone.
The three were taken to Russia hospital.
The incident took place in the area where a trailer rammed into a tuk tuk a few weeks ago, leaving three people dead.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.