Seven people died instantly following an accident on Kisii-Keroka highway on Tuesday.
Keroka OCPD Philip Wambugu said the seven were from a funeral before they were involved in the accident.
The driver of the vehicle ferrying the mourners lost control before veering off the road.
Two pedestrians who sustained injuries in the accident were rushed to Kisii Level 5 hospital.
Wambugu said the car was speeding at the time of the accident.
The bodies were taken to Gucha hospital mortuary in Keroka.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.