A Kisii MP yesterday told NASA leader Raila Odinga to respect President Uhuru Kenyatta and accept his legitimacy.
Nyaribari Chache MP Richard Tong’i told Raila to blame his advisers for misadvising him to boycott the October 26 presidential rerun, which Uhuru won.
“President Kenyatta requires respect because he is legitimate head of state,” Tong’i told the Star.
Former Bokimonge MCA George Bibao agreed that President Kenyatta was lawfully sworn in.
“I can't see why Odinga is maintaining that he does not recognise the President, and yet he was constitutionally sworn in,” Bibao said.
Odinga has since been sworn in as “The People's President” in many occasions been telling his supporters that Kenyatta did not fairly win the election.
Tong’i and Bibao castigated Odinga for telling off 11 envoys from Western countries who told the NASA leader to recognize Uhuru presidency.
Odinga told the envoys that Kenya cannot be lectured by partisan observers who are only keen on their investments.
He termed the envoys as hypocrites who are hiding behind “so called democracy” to advance the business interests of their nations.
However Tong’i reminded the NASA leader that the envoys are only representing their countries and thus they have to discharge their duties.
Vincent Gekone who ran for Kisii Senator Seat in the August polls, and supporter of Odinga, castigated the international community for trying to interfere with Kenyan affairs.
“The envoys should stop interfering with Kenyan affairs. They should allow leaders like Raila to keep Kenyatta on toes,” Gekone said.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.