Murang’a Governor Mwangi wa Iria (pictured) yesterday supported the government’s crackdown on NASA leaders linked to Raila Odinga’s swearing- in as the People’s President.
He said the Jubilee administration has played a cat-and-mouse game with NASA for so long that it was time the government asserted its authority. Wa Iria said the protests organised by NASA have caused the economy to slump for six months — “with little being accomplished in terms of development”.
NASA must not be allowed to continue causing confusion among Kenyans, who only want to conduct business peacefully, the county chief said. He welcomed the deportation of NRM ‘General’ Miguna Miguna to Canada. Miguna says the expulsion was illegal.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.