An Embu Anglican Church pastor was on Thursday arrested after assaulting his estranged wife outside the church compound.
Stanley Mwaniki, a pastor at the ACK church Kibugu, attacked his estranged wife Ann Ngira with kicks and brows injuring her near the church last Sunday.
He allegedly committed the crime in front of other clergy and congregations during a baptism service.
Embu Police boss Mark Wanjala said the woman who separated with the pastor in 2016 had attended the baptism of their son at the church.
He said after the ceremony was over and for unknown reasons the pastor attacked the wife.
The wife was rescued by other clergy and drove her away to escape the wrath of the irate ex-husband
Wanjala said that Ngira reported the matter and was issued with a P3 form.
The pastor is being held at Manyatta police station waiting to be arraigned.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.