Residents of Kamuguga village in Kabete constituency are living in fear, they accuse a gang of wielding youth of terrorising the.
PCEA Revered Phillip Gachuri said many residents have sustained gunshot wound while others are killed.
They spoke at PCEA Kiambaa Church on Saturday during the burial of 61-year-old Stephen Mburu, who was a father of Kiambu Deputy Governor James Nyoro’s bodyguard John Mungai.
“We are burying a man we all respected. He was shot dead and his son was injured. These are not the first victims. We have buried others. Some victims have bullets wounds,” the cleric said.
“The description of the thugs we hear about from victimsis the same. The two gangers are young and have a pistol. They attack residents between 7pm-9pm,” resident Johnson Kamau said.
Mburu was shot dead by two gangsters who attacked him when he went to close his gate after his 27-year-old son Mungai, a GSU officer, drove home.
Police said the gunmen ordered the two to surrender their cash, phones and Mungai’s firearm. They said the money was little and they entered into the house to look for more. A bullet grazed Mungai’s wife Loise Wangare .
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.