One of DP William Ruto's motorcycle outriders died on Saturday afternoon along Wangari Maathai road in Nairobi.
Constable Casmel Ndege had been leading the motorcade when he lost control of the motorcycle. Ruto was on his way to the burial of the mother of MKU chairman Simon Gicharu.
"The accident happened as we were snaking our way to Kiambu for the burial," said one of the DP's aides, who did not want to be named.
"That is all I can say. I am certain the DP will talk about it during the burial after the family is informed."
During the burial, Ruto eulogised the officer as a gallant, hardworking and dedicated professional.
"My deepest condolences to the family and friends of Constable Casmel Ndege, who has passed on in the line of duty. We celebrate him for his selfless service to this country. May his soul rest in peace."
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.