Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua now wants his Maendeleo Chapchap party to be allocated key positions in Jubilee's Cabinet.
He said it will be a good move to show gratitude for the support the party offered to Jubilee during the campaigns and elections.
Mutua wants President Uhuru Kenyatta and DP William Ruto to reserve positions for his party members in the Cabinet and Parastatals.
"We are going to ask very strongly that our participation is felt in terms of members of parliament in committees, in county assembly and also in appointment of cabinet secretaries, ambassadors, permanent secretaries and other high officials," he said.
He said the party leadership will embark on a nationwide campaign to popularize the party as well as share its ideals that focus on servant leadership.
"Key on the agenda is a stock take of the last general elections, a review of the the legal regime for political funding, a formulation of a work plan for our activities for 2017-2022 and my 2022 Presidential bid," Mutua stated.
He further called on the President to deal decisively with corruption to cement his legacy during his final term.
The county chief said corruption and embezzlement of public funds are the biggest challenges the Jubilee administration faces.
“We are aware that President Uhuru Kenyatta was a man under siege in his first term. He was under siege because when you are running for re-election you have to do something we call a balancing act.
"We feel that he may not have been able to hit hard on the agents of corruption because of political considerations," Mutua said.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.