Kitutu Chache South MP Richard Onyonka should be kicked out of Ford Kenya and parliamentary committees for recognising Uhuru Kenyatta as President, a party official has said.
Ford Kenya Migori county chairman Samuel Migore said this will secure the spirit of the National Super Alliance.
He said Onyonka’s statement of recognition goes against NASA’s stand that the August 8 and October 26 presidential elections were irregular. He also rejects NASA’s push to swear in opposition leaders Raila Odinga and Kalonzo Musyoka, Migore said.
Speaking on behalf of MPs from Kisii and Nyamira counties at Parliament Buildings on Tuesday, Onyonka said Uhuru is legally in office.
“At this time, our President is Uhuru Kenyatta. That is what the people back in my constituency know. But that doesn’t mean that there are no issues to be talked about,” he said.
Onyonka said he has no issues with Raila’s swearing-in.
Migore said Onyonka will not support NASA’s agenda in Parliament after he openly discredited its principals.
“It is also said Onyonka is deputy party leader in Ford Kenya. We don’t know when he was given that post,” he said. Migore asked Onyonka to apologise or lose his positions in NASA and Ford-K.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.