Three bishops died on Friday night in a head-on collision on the Embu-Makutano road.
The African Independent Pentecostal Church of Africa (AIPCA) bishops perished on the spot after their saloon car collided with another at Wamumu area.
Witnesses said the accident occurred at around 8:30pm as the clergy were travelling to Nairobi after attending a church function in Embu.
Three other people including the drivers of the two cars sustained serious injuries and were rushed to Mwea Mission Hospital.
The bodies of the deceased were moved to the facility’s morgue.
The latest accident brings to over 200 the number of people who have lost their lives in road accidents in the month of December.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.