A man shot and killed a nurse at Chiromo Lane Medical Centre in Nairobi on Wednesay night.
Doctor in charge Francis Owiti said the patient arrived with a friend and requested to see a medical practitioner.
"While the nurse was attending to him, the patient drew a gun and shot him in the right eye," Owiti said.
He said the shooter may have been drunk.
Police arrested the man for grilling.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.