The Migori assembly has unanimously approved nine of the 10 county executives nominated by Governor Okoth Obado.
Speaker Boaz Okoth said the decision was made after the appointments committee vetted all candidates.
They left out Sheila Ghati, from Kuria West, who held the Public Administration docket.
“Members passed the list which cuts across all eight sub-counties. The candidates were qualified,” Okoth told journalists on Thursday.
Regarding Ghati, he said: “There were technical issues regarding her position which was re-advertised again, days to the vetting process. We left her out as employment is a competitive process. We are waiting for a new list from the Governor."
The nine people will be sworn-in should they agree to take the jobs.
They include Kephas Nyamita (Environment and Disaster), Isca Oluoch (Health), Rebecca Ghati (Water and Energy) and Samson Maginga (Education and Culture).
The others are Moses Chamwada (Public Works and Roads), Scholarstica Atieno (Finance), Valentine Ogongo who vied for Suna West MP (Agriculture), Elizabeth Ochaye (Trade) and Elijah Odhaimbo (Lands).
Obado retained six of the 10 executives who served in his first term. Three, who vied for office on August 8 but did not win, are Michael Ogutu (Suna West MP), Thomas Maneno (Kuria East MP) and Tom Kasera (Kachieng’ ward).
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.