Former ODM Women Congress chairperson Grace Mboja died on Thursday afternoon at the ICU of Coast General Hospital.
Mama ODM as she was popularly known was admitted three days ago after suffering a second stroke.
Her daughter Mariam Kadzo said she died at around 1pm.
Speaking to The star on phone, Kadzo said her mother’s condition worsened in the morning.
Mboja served as a member of the ODM National Executive Council until last year when she decided to defect to Jubilee Party.
She was received at Dr Krapf grounds by Kwale Governor Salim Mvurya.
Mama ODM also worked at Kenneth Kamto’s office as a gender adviser when he was Kilifi Deputy Governor. Kamto also joined President Uhuru Kenyatta's party.
After defecting to Jubilee, Mboja who was a vibrant orange party campaigner, kept a low profile.
ODM is led by Raila Odinga who is a principal of the National Super Alliance.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.